PT Toba Pulp Lestari produced 167,593 tons of pulp in 2016.
Management of Plantation Forest
The management of PT Toba Pulp Lestari Tbk (“the Company”) believes that accountable forest management, taking into account environmental risk, makes a positive contribution to the business and is beneficial to employees, customers, shareholders, and other stakeholders. The company also believes in a sufficient environment policy and implementation of a sustainable forest management strategy, including:
As part of our commitment to environmental management, we aim to improve in all environmental aspects, including emissions, waste water management, solid waste management, and management of resources such as water, energy conservation, and timber consumption.
Emissions are monitored by six Continuous Emission Monitoring (CEM) devices installed at the recovery boiler, multifuel boiler, common stack recovery boiler, bleaching plant, incinerator and lime kiln.
All equipment is maintained, cleaned and calibrated according to a schedule, and manual testing is carried out regularly by an external laboratory.
- Reducing emissions from causticizing and lime kiln of TRS by 5%, fine particles by 26% and opacity by 29% compared to 2014.
- E Reduced HCL emissions by 16% and slaker vent particles by 18% from Chemical Plant Reduction compared to 2014 levels.
PT Toba Pulp Lestari Tbk is a producer of industrial pulp or commonly known as pulp. Its product is sold at the domestic and export markets.
Licensed capacity is 165 thousand tons / year with 30% tolerance. Total production of last year (2016) reached 167,953 tons.
Company of the Year 2005
Best Entrepreneur of
Women Workers 1996
Industri Hijau 2016
PROPER Awards 2006-2007
Excursie Science 1991
ASEAN Institute of
- Recertification on ISO 14001:2004 Certificate on Environment Management System for Manufacture of Bleached Kraft Pulp re-obtained on June 11, 2016, with the following result: “No Major & Minor CAR and 15 Observations for Improvement.”
- Recertification on ISO 14001:2004 Certificate on Environment Management System for Forest Plantation for Pulpwood Production re-obtained on June 24, 2016, with the following result: “No Major & 2 Minor CAR and 14 Observations for Improvement”.
- Recertification on Timber Legal Status Verification Certification (Sertifikasi Verifikasi Legalitas Kayu/SVLK) with the following result: “Comply”, re-obtained on June 30, 2016.
- Surveillance Audit on ISO 9001:2008 Certificate on Quality Management System for Manufacture of Specialty Kraft and Bleached Market Pulp Products run on September 6-9, 2016, with the following result: “No Major & Minor CAR and 11 Observations for Improvement”.
- Recertification Audit on Gold Flag Work Safety and Health Management System Audit Certificate on September 21-23, 2016, with the following result: “Satisfactory, with achievement level of 91%”.
- Surveillance Audit on Certification of Management of Sustainable Production Forest (Pengelolaan Hutan Produksi Lestari /PHPL) on October 10-19 2016 with the following result: “Good, with Maintenance Level of 98.48%”.
- Recertification Audit on OHSAS 18001:2007 Certificate for Plantation Forestry for Pulpwood Production on November 28 - December 2, 2016 with the following result: “No Major & 2 Minor CAR and 19 Observations for Improvement”.
- Level 5 Green Industry Award Certificate received in December 2016.
- "Blue Rating" PROPER Award for 2015–2016 from the Ministry of Environment and Forestry of the Republic of Indonesia;
- Poster Award on Wood Properties Eucalyptus species planted for Pulpwood Production from Japan Wood Research Society at Nagoya University.